Loganville GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
This is my first full year with a new pool. I live east of Atlanta and my second winter as the pool was finished January of this year. Freeze protection is set to 36 and has already been in play. This season I decided to remove the salt cell and replace with a dummy and move to chlorine tablets. I now have a warning flashing "check system" which I expected. Will I experience any damage to the system or issues in the spring when I re-install the Salt Cell? As a newbie, I'm concerned I may inadvertently cause more harm than good. This year was a deep learning experience.

When you remove the salt cell, you should disable it in the configuration menu. But it shouldn't cause a problem other than the alarm.

When you remove the salt cell, you should disable it in the configuration menu. But it shouldn't cause a problem other than the alarm.

Thanks for the followup! The pool builder locked out that menu so I have to gain access and disable. Thanks again!

Which unit do you have? For most of the Hayward units, it is fairly easy to get into the config menu and does not require a password.

Rather than start a new thread just yet, I'll wait to see if anyone sees this. I have a similar question, but with a slight variation. I live in Charlotte and we run our in ground pool year round. It has a Fusion Soft chlorinater. It also has freeze control that kicks on when needed. If I set the Fusion Soft to zero chlorine production, is there any value to removing the salt cell? Again, we don't winterize. TIA

. If I set the Fusion Soft to zero chlorine production, is there any value to removing the salt cell? Again, we don't winterize.
Nope.

Other then if you mess up and have freezing damage the Fusionsoft will be spared.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.