Removing Lens with O-Ring on Pentair ColorVision Bubblers

n4trombl

Aug 9, 2020
Porter, TX
Question for folks: does anyone who owns Pentair ColorVision Bubblers (with GloBrite lights) successfully removed the Lens with O-Ring? I am in need of accessing the Diffusers to clean them and I am not able to get the Lens off. I’ve got 3 bubblers and I’ve removed the cover ring and 8 screws as well as the eyeballs, but the lens + o-ring won’t budge. Ticket with Pentair support hasn’t been super helpful. First provided me with the manual which I already had and then they said with eyeballs removed try prying up from center. No luck. These bubblers are 1.5 years old. Curious if anyone has these same style bubblers and if they had issues opening. Knock on wood only need to clean diffusers now but if I ever had to change a GloBrite out I would absolutely have to get the lens off. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    665.3 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: n4trombl
I have various dental pics like these that I use to pry into tight spots. You can work a point into the side of the lense to pry it up. You have to be willing to manhandle it, scratch it, or even break it to get it open.

Thanks for the recommendation! And good news is I’ve actually got a set of those in my bathroom. Happy to replace them with a new set.

So for the tools is it correct to assume you are using them between the lens and the outer shell? As pointed out in the picture attached? Asking as I assume they probably don’t do much good in the center as they are small. I tried some mini pry bars in the center earlier without any luck.

Attachments

• E442C5DE-03CA-4F75-BC10-EA761F633FE1.jpeg
    E442C5DE-03CA-4F75-BC10-EA761F633FE1.jpeg
    974 KB · Views: 18
I would try and dig points into any edge you can. There has to be some lip around the lense you can get the points under.

@awj22 just wanted to say thank you for your help and recommendation. Was able to use the tools while pulling up on the center portion of the lens and get all 3 out. Pentair really should add that to their instructions, or better yet make a video :ROFLMAO: but glad it worked. Thanks again!

Sounds like Pentair used a really good sealing O ring, which is good. Glad you figured it out.

I replaced my lenses as they faded a ton in the Florida sun over 4 years. I could not get them off with my fingers or a tool to lift. I turned the bubblers on as high as possible and then was able to stuck my finger in the middle and pull it out that way. Use the power of your pool pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.