Removing Fiberglass Pool Installing Gunite Pool

Just an FYI, with your four legged kid consider looking at skimmer basket mesh filters, They catch pet hair and I am sure he sheds!!!
30-Pack Pool Skimmer Socks Perfect Pool & Spa Savers for Filters, Baskets, and Skimmers …

by AquaBeacon

4.8 out of 5 stars 295 customer reviews

| 17 answered questions

Price: $13.95 Free Shipping for Prime Members & FREE Returns

Thank you for being a Prime member. Get $80 off instantly: Pay $0.00 upon approval for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card.

• 30-Pack Premium Durable Mesh Pool Skimmer Socks: This Premium nylon pool basket filter socks are made from ultra-fine mesh and durable elastic.
  • Extended The Life of Your Pump Buy Protecting The impeller and Shaft Seal From Clogging, And Damage.
  • Keep Pool Clean By Removing From Foreign Leaves, Grass, Hair, Scum, Oil, Pine Needles, Pollen, Bugs, Pool Toys And Other Debris.
  • Easy To Install: Stretch Fabric Can Fit The Shape of Your Basket Perfectly, So It Won't Be Loose Easily, But You Can Install And Replace It In A Short Time.
  • 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE If you're unhappy with Your iAquasupplies Skimmer Socks For Any Reason, Simply Return Them For A Full Refund.

Reactions: RuralTexas
Husband has been busy fighting the War on Iron. It all started one day, when I looked at the pool and said "Honey, the pool has turned green". I don't even have a picture of it the day it was EMERALD. Husband began to fight the good fight. Resourcing TFP he began "diapering" our newborn pool with polyfill in the skimmer baskets to capture the iron. I couldn't even tell you what all he did chemical wise.

IMG_6992.jpg

Here's the second hosing off of the filter cartridges.
IMG_7075.jpg
I have learned more about clearwater iron, ferrous, ferric, +2+3, than I ever wanted to know.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks very peaceful and welcoming.... I hope all the iron woes are taken care of?

Maddie :flower:
Hi Maddie, we suspect the War on Iron will be ongoing as well water containing "clearwater iron" will continue to enter the pool. He's beaten it back twice so far, the trick seems to be to stay ahead of it. We suspect his use of clarifier, the culator in the pump basket and the first 30 days of brushing schedule (husband actually traded me digging dirt during extreme heat wave temperatures here to get two days off of brushing) has kept the plaster free of stain. A pool-less friend kept referring to our pool as a newborn baby pool because it was requiring so much attention once it was "here". After husband started "diapering" it using polyfill and hairnets in the skimmer baskets to catch the ferric iron, the friend's observation hit pretty close to home.

Thanks for commenting that it looks peaceful and welcoming - I think I kept our "tranquil space" plan on track.

I am totally happy with the 34' when it comes to my length swimming. With the stairs tucked into the corner, the pool looks quite immense when facing the deep end from the shallow end. Before I had shallow end stairs and 32' in length, in the old pool it felt like all I did was turn, turn, turn.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Now that is some iron coming off the filter :shock: Glad hubby was about to resource TFP to find what to do.

That is SO pretty!! The whole area came out great! Is the Grand loving the pool?

Kim:kim:
HI Miss Kim, yes he loves the pool. No more peeking out the back and saying "they're still working on it". He swims about 4 times each visit. We tell him we made the pool the color of his eyes:love:

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.