Edmond OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So my new pool has these little white bumps all over the bottom and sides. I assume they are calcium, as CH measures 550. The seller told me that he knew the pool would need resurfacing in a few years, but other than this, I don't see anything wrong with it. I believe it was built in 2006.

On a whim, I picked up a pumice looking rock from a flower bed and rubbed it on one of the bumps, and it all came off. There was a little smudge on the pool, but with a little rubbing with my finger, that came off too and there was literally no trace that anything had ever been there. So I kept going, and within a couple of hours, I'd pretty well rid the shallow half of the pool of most of the spots.

Getting the deep end is going to be a challenge, as it's 9' deep. But that end isn't as visible anyway, as all the seating area is on the shallow end. I realize it's a little late to be asking now, but is there any reason I shouldn't be doing this? The pool is obviously much harder than the stone I used, as the stone wore down somewhat, but there was no trace of anything at all left on the pool.

Here's the stone I used:

AdobePhotoshopExpress_c0428dccdd2f47d7923ffc5b7a163bf9 (2).jpg

Awesome, thanks! Sorry, I didn't think to search here first. It looks like water chemistry has nothing to do with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.