Remove my SWG Cell?

tagteamcomputing

Gold Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
Tulsa, OK
I have an RJ60+ and I have built an insulated shed around my pool equipment. On top of that I have a heater in there in case it gets really cold. I have my SWG mounted vertically and it is a pain to get in and out. Can I just leave it in over the winter since there is no freeze issue. I do not close my pool and keep it running all winter long.

I have read in the forums a lot of different things about freezing and I am not sure if it is actual frozen water on the cell that is the problem or cold water. My water wont freeze on the cell but it will be super close to freezing.

Running water won't freeze in the cell. The caveat is if you've successfully circulated 22 degree (?) water and the power goes out. Then that water will brick up in minutes and not hours like it would near 32 degrees.

The cold itself doesn't harm anything internally (plates/flow switch) or externally (electronics)

Ok, Thanks. we did have power go out here for 2 days during a freezing spell last year and it was a bit too hard to quickly rewire and run the pump but if I had to I could get a generator and at least run a heater in there. That wont help with anything underground that might freeze and crack but nothing in the pump house would freeze at least.

That wont help with anything underground that might freeze and crack but nothing in the pump house would freeze at least.
The ground insulates the buried plumbing and buys you alot more time. For a short emergency/situation, draining everything above ground is usually enough.

You wouldn't even need a heater in the equipment shed. (For anyone else who doesn't already have one). Once protected from the wind, a couple of old skool light bulbs would put off enough heat to keep it a few degrees warmer. Many have pitched a low tent over the equipment pad and turned on some lights underneath.

Reactions: markayash

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.