Burleson, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I just had my pool remodeled. Our pool is 11 years old. We just had the prism blue pebble sheen removed and went back with blue surf pebble sheen. I just started up the pool yesterday afternoon. Sequestrant was added. The CH is only 75. PH is 7.2. TA is 80. Will be adding stabilizer this afternoon when I get home from work. Should I be concerned with that low CH or is it because the pool was filled yesterday and the plaster is new? I don't want any problems with my new plaster. Thanks

Last edited:
Are you in charge of the plaster start up right now, or is the installer still handling it? Did they do any "hot" starts with muriatic acid? If they're in charge you want to only do what they say as they're holding the warranty and are responsible till they tell you otherwise.

IF you're in charge of the water *at this point* your pH is fine at 7.2. Your CH is whatever your fill water is. Test that and you'll have your base line. Add if needed. TA of 80 is great.

Are you using Liquid Chlorine now as its too early for salt.

Maddie :flower:

I’m in charge of the start up. They did an acid wash on the pebble sheen before filling and that’s it. Yes, I’m using bleach for chlorine.

All is good in poolville, 😂. Got my CH to 250. Just added stabilizer. Brushing 2 times a day but not much dust at all. I think the sequestrant and the fact I’m keeping my PH between 7.2 and 7.5 is helping with dust or they did a fantastic job on the acid wash.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.