Relay wiring for Hayward SP32950VSP and any feedback on first and second generation SP32950VSP?

rfender

Mar 21, 2019
Yucaipa, CA
I am replacing a Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP with the Tri-Star SP32950VSP. I thought it would be simple swap out but the drive on the two models are different. I have a Aqualink RS8 control panel. Attached is a photo of the relay wiring that was connected to the SP3400VSP. I am trying to figure out how this would translate to the SP32950VSP connections?

Also, does anyone know anything about the different generations of the SP32950VSP? The one I received has an owners manual that is IS3206VSP3 Rev-A. However, when I pull up the manual on Haywards website for the same pump, it pulls up an owners manual that is IS32950VSP Rev B. The layout of the drive for the Rev B is the same as the drive from my SP3400VSP. The layout on the drive for Rev A is completely different (photo attached). It also looks like the drive on the Rev-B is replaceable whereas the Rev A drive cannot be replaced (at least the owners manual they sent shows no replacement part available for it). This is supposed to be the latest pump by Hayward and I am a little concerned if I got a first generation model instead of the newest one. Often times new generations are to correct issues with a prior one. The fact that the drive is completely different makes me think that perhaps the drive on the Rev A had issues and thus they reverted back to the drive used with prior pumps?

I emailed Hayward but haven't received a reply yet. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• VSP3400.jpg
    VSP3400.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 6
  • VSP3400 after removing wires.jpg
    VSP3400 after removing wires.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 5
  • SP32950VSP Relay diagram.jpg
    SP32950VSP Relay diagram.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 8
  • SP32950VSP.jpg
    SP32950VSP.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 9
  • EcoStar SP3400VSP.pdf
    199.1 KB · Views: 4
I have no experience with Hayward systems but others here in the forum do. If you still are looking for some help, let us know!

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.