regular polymer panels vs "graphex" HDP panels or just steel (with SWG)

pakman

Jul 14, 2018
PA
As we told our pool builder we want to go with a salt water system, he is discouraging us from steel panels and is pushing us towards either regular "polymer" panels or the Pacific brand "graphex" panels (I think they call them HDP). They're about $2k difference in price. Is that worth it or should we just go with the regular polymer and save the money. Sounds like a lot of marketing hype on the graphex. The steel panels would be about $2K less than the polymer panels. I forget if the regular polymer panel brand is also Pacific. This is for a 16x36 pool and we're in Southwest PA. He's been showing me pics of an 11yr old steel panel repair job he's currently working on with massive rust damage which has us reconsidering not doing steel.

thanks,

I'm more of a newbie here, but keep in mind that if you were to use liquid chlorine(over a SWG) there is salt in the liquid. So after time you will accumulate SOME salt in your pool. When I switched to SWG, I was surprised how much salt PPM was in the pool already. I was assuming near zero. Then I found this out. These panels sound like a good idea, however also an upgrade they're pushing to make more $$$. I just don't have enough experience to know if its an issue. I'm assuming the company is over stating the issue. Galvanized metal's been used for years.

As we told our pool builder we want to go with a salt water system, he is discouraging us from steel panels and is pushing us towards either regular "polymer" panels or the Pacific brand "graphex" panels (I think they call them HDP). They're about $2k difference in price. Is that worth it or should we just go with the regular polymer and save the money. Sounds like a lot of marketing hype on the graphex. The steel panels would be about $2K less than the polymer panels. I forget if the regular polymer panel brand is also Pacific. This is for a 16x36 pool and we're in Southwest PA. He's been showing me pics of an 11yr old steel panel repair job he's currently working on with massive rust damage which has us reconsidering not doing steel.

thanks,
0622c1b3d56fcdb0e3ba878b769f2855.jpg

As a pool builder with no dog in the fight....

All I build is polymer wall pools.

When liner time comes, there will be no rusted walls that need cut and welded. No rotten wood walls. Just pull the liner, fix the floor and reinstall. You will save the upgrade cost after replacing the liner and not needing a wall repair.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.