Regular marcite plaster vs Diamond Brite or Similar

Davileet

Mar 28, 2020
Gainesville, VA
Have gotten a couple quotes for various types of plaster and I am having a hard time deciding what is the best decision.

Regular plaster with chip out around fittings, etching, and Bond Kote is right around $7500 on average from multiple quotes.

For the quartz based products, these are the quotes that I received doing the same preparation.
Diamond Brite installed for $10,500, CL Industries Sunstone Select $9200, and Wet Edge Luna Quartz for $12,800.

I guess my question is, would investing $2-5k more for a step up in plaster be worth it?

I do plan to stay at the house for many years, maintain good water quality, and use a solid cover for off-season months. I find it hard to be trusting of any of the companies that give quotes as they are the middle man between me the consumer and the sub-contractors who do the installs. And all companies give a 1 year warranty. Thoughts and persuasions would be appreciated.

I went with a pebbletek type product and my cost were similar to your quotes if I remember correctly. I did get 3 quotes and one was from an actual plaster contractor who was cheapest and who I picked.
So get more then one quote, they were up to $5000 apart for similar work..Also google the company and persons name for reviews, I even googles their cell phone number.

We have been here for 15 years and this is the 2nd time we have redone our pool..First base plaster lasted 8 years. I was told the Pebbletek should last 10 or more. But to be honest we mainly did it for the looks, the blue chips do look nice.

I went with a pebbletek type product and my cost were similar to your quotes if I remember correctly. I did get 3 quotes and one was from an actual plaster contractor who was cheapest and who I picked.
So get more then one quote, they were up to $5000 apart for similar work..Also google the company and persons name for reviews, I even googles their cell phone number.

We have been here for 15 years and this is the 2nd time we have redone our pool..First base plaster lasted 8 years. I was told the Pebbletek should last 10 or more. But to be honest we mainly did it for the looks, the blue chips do look nice.

Thank you for your response. I think I have gotten 5+ quotes, and like you said, there is large variances. For the diamond brite, the company I want to go with for regular plaster doubled their price and were not competitive. Which is unfortunate because they have the best reviews and have a lot of images from their past work. I have been unable to find any plaster contractors, how did you happen to find the people who did your job?

The guy I used this time did my pool 10 years ago and I don't remember how I found him the first time. I think I was just asking around and somebody said " call this guy, he did our pool"
I found him this time buy googling his cell phone number and found his new company, he used to just do plaster but now is a builder. He also had our old brick coping replaced with stone and he as able to do that as well.
My old plaster was in bad shape and one big company was convinced I had structure damage and added $5k to fix it. The plaster guy said he had been doing this for 25 years and pretty sure it was normal worn crackd plaster :)

Only disadvantage is they don't fix the small stuff, one return eye was cracked and the polaris screw in adapter was missing but I just bought them myself.

Have you moved forward yet? I saw this company. I get the feel they may do plaster in-house though I'm not certain. It's not a fancy website, but that's not what I'm focused on for plastering.

Pool Re-plastering and Tiling | Subcomm Pools

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.