Reef or Sandstone Tan

d30678

Mar 18, 2023
Charlotte
Hello. We're replacing our old liner that had faded completely white and eventually ripped. We have looked at tons of pictures/videos online (including the big liner thread here). I think we are close - Reef or Sandstone Tan after originally considering a gray (Stardust Gray). Our pool will be somewhat shaded late in the day, but gets good sun in the morning and through mid-afternoon. Our shallow-end is only 3' and our deep end is only 5'. We'll have no border and standard concrete decking. I'm a little worried that tan will look green and either of the patterns could be distractingly visible. We may be overthinking it at this point...

Any thoughts from anyone experienced?

Hey D and Welcome !!!! Sounds like you're getting there. All you have to do is figure out if you're tan, blue or gray people. After that there will be so many shades and lighter or darker doesn't really matter. I've had these two liners and the bulk of the colors seen overlap.

20220712_104441.jpg

If it's even blue that is. :ROFLMAO:

20220624_074420.jpg

Screenshot_20230325_173121_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230325_173127_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230325_173406_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230325_173237_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230325_173227_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230325_173223_Gallery.jpg

20220824_144108.jpg

Thanks so much for your thoughts. Our foliage in the spring and summer is very thick and green, then leaves change various colors of red, yellow and orange into the fall (very mountainous feel). You cannot see any of the neighboring houses that are visible now during pool season. From mid-morning to mid-afternoon it gets good sun and decent sun in late afternoon (sun sets on the front side of the house). Our house is white with dark brown trim, as you can see in these few pics. It's overcast and raining today (no sun). Also you can ignore considering that old porch, as we will refinish it to a gray shade.

The previous owners' pool had a very old liner (totally white at the point when it ripped) and the decking was faded red pavers (extremely hot in summer, we are replacing with as light a concrete as we can get). We took out the plastic stair insert and had steel stairs installed so that the liner could be installed over them. In the deep end, which was diving board deep but we're shallowing to 5', we're adding a second drain (previously just one) and two additional returns in that end (previously the only two in the whole pool were in the shallow end next to the stairs). We installed a new skimmer and are getting new filter as well. Basically every part of the old pool needed replacing except the hole...

I think my wife leans a little more to the sandstone tan, while I'm leaning a little more to the reef, being a little nervous about ending up too green. I do like Stardust Gray, but thinking it will be too dark, but I could be wrong. Reef's basically light blue-gray, so that feels like an OK compromise? Probably overthinking it at this stage! Analysis paralysis and all that. LoL!

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've spent 30 years visiting several customers a day and peeking in their backyards. I've yet to see a pool I didn't love in person.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.