Red skin

RDspaguy,

Very much appreciated, thank you for taking the time.

Couple of quick follow ups for when I start the new Dichlor/bleach regime:

1) is this ok to use as for the Bleach Element: LIQUIPAK Sodium Hypochlorite 10 Litres (2x5L) 14-15% Patio Cleaner/Swimming Pool Chlorine LIQUIPAK Sodium Hypochlorite 10 Litres (2x5L) 14-15% Patio Cleaner/Swimming Pool Chlorine: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

2) also for the Borates we have limited choice in the UK (Gentle Spa is not available) but I have found this Boric Acid Boric Acid Powder 100% Pure - (250G - 5KG) Kills ants, fleas, cockroaches! | eBay. Is this the right product?

Thank you again for your help.

1. That is a great find for chlorine, I wish we could get that here :)

2. You do not "need" borates and most of the time we recommend only using them after a year or so if your PH and TA are moving to much... I have been doing this 5 years and never even thought about using it...

Reactions: RDspaguy
1. That is a great find for chlorine, I wish we could get that here :)

2. You do not "need" borates and most of the time we recommend only using them after a year or so if your PH and TA are moving to much... I have been doing this 5 years and never even thought about using it...
Many thanks,
Haha, let’s hope the chlorine is legit! in terms of applying the bleach to the SwimSpa, do I pour it around the water with the jets flowing and filtration on or is it ok to drop in one place.

apologies for the basic questions.

jets/pumps on and pour it in front of one of them and keep running for 5 minutes or so, should mix very fast not like a pool where it can take 30 minutes... :)

Reactions: RDspaguy
Hi all, quick follow up. Not yet purged/drained the SwimSpa, waiting for the weather to clear. But ahead of this have been thinking.

In the Dichlor/Bleach method when moving to bleach is it possible to use unstabilised (Shock) chlorine granules instead? Is cost the only reason to use bleach, as I’ve run the numbers in pool math and It seems to be cheaper for me to use the unstabilised granules than bleach. Is there any other reason is the reason to use bleach specifically? Thanks

The only unstabilized granules that I know of is calcium hypochlorite, which I would not recommend in your spa. Or pretty much anywhere else either. Spa shock is dichlor, or non-chlorine mps.
Thanks for the quick response. What is the issue with Calcium Hypochlorite? Is it just too strong a chlorine content? Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So to update. Did my purge with Ahh-some today. No gunk came out at all. Water foamed, ran jets for an hour but nothing to clean up. Is that normal?

Away for a couple of days now and then will refill and start the Dichlor/Bleach method.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.