Red clay disaster !!

Panama gal

Jun 23, 2023
Panama
Hi folks.. about half way through my fill yesterday a huge rain dumped red clay into the pool. I have read the threads about keeping the filter going etc.. which I can do when its totally full, but will floc or clarifier help as well ?
I hate to waste the water I have in there now by dumping it :cry:

Attachments

• pool .jpg
    pool .jpg
    125 KB · Views: 22
If that is just dirt washed in from the rain it should not be a reason to drain and start over. Once the water is above the skimmers you could vacuum to waste (if you have that option with your filter settings) or vacuum to the filter. If you vacuum to the filter, a cleaning or backwash would be required. No chemical addition should be required.

Reactions: Panama gal
Any possibility of letting it settle out and borrowing a robot with a collection bag on it? Floc isn't your answer for just dirt.
+1 on this. Last year I had my winter cover break and drop the nastiest, dirtiest water in the pool. I mean, the water was black - and you could see nothing.

I left it sit (no pump running) for a day, and then the water was clear while the bottom of the pool had all of the dirt settled on it, allowing me to vacuum it out.

Reactions: Panama gal
Thank you all for the advice !! Sadly after 2 days of sitting it was still a red "cloud" no settling.. so since it was only a quarter full I drained it.. had to scrub the bottom a LOT to get the clay off after it was empty !! that stuff is nasty !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.