Apr 2, 2018
Baton Rouge, La
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Good afternoon,

My 27 year old sand filter developed a crack (that's another story), so my pool was dormant for about a 6 weeks and turned green. During this time frame a really thick layer of algae developed on the bottom. Once the new filter was up and running I began the process of removing as must algae as possible and started the SLAM process. Fast forward 6 to 8 weeks later the water is clear enough to see the bottom. However, the algae along the wall keeps coming back. In my 5 years of pool ownership I've never had green algae on the walls that is this hard to get rid of. I am literally brushing the same spot 7 to 10 times just to remove the algae and it's stain. After reading a couple of post on the forum it appears that I need to continue with the SLAM process and keep brushing the walls. Is there anything additional I should be doing to keep the algae from coming back?

FC 5.0
CC .5
TC 5.5
CH 150
TA 110
pH 7.5
CYA 20

Thanks!

Attachments

• pool 1.jpeg
    pool 1.jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 6
  • pool 2 .jpeg
    pool 2 .jpeg
    6.6 KB · Views: 6
  • pool 3.jpeg
    pool 3.jpeg
    15.4 KB · Views: 6
If your FC is at 5 you are not in a SLAM. For CYA 20 your FC should be 10. Keep it at 10. Test and bring it back to 10 as many times a day as you can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.