Rectangle Safety Cover for Kidney/Freeform Pool

mn_

May 9, 2019
Kitchener, Ont
We're looking to get a safety cover for our pool, all the quotes we've gotten are $4000 (uninstalled) or around there. Wondering if I can just buy a rectangle pool cover (specifically looking at Loop Loc) and install that. Our dimensions are 18' by 36' and the short part of the kidney is 16'. The concrete around is 3'. Could I buy a 18 x 36' rectangle cover, or would it not work?

Thanks

Attachments

• 30684507_40.jpg
    30684507_40.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 48
I don't see why not? Just be aware that you'll be (or have done) installing metal bolts down into your decking in a larger area than the pool itself if you do this. You'll lose the use of some portion of decking when the cover is in place.

Let us know what you do and how it turns out. Please?

Maddie :flower:

I would say no. It's not going to work. The anchors won't be in the deck. The slide legs will be in the way and so will the ladder if it's not removable.

Draw a scale picture of the pool and then draw the cover to see how it would fit. The cover needs about 15" to 18" of overlap plus another 18" for the straps.

Also, the wear straps won't line up with the coping.

I admit I answered based on the question, not the picture. I see now that he barely has room around the pool for attachments on a custom cover even. :( A good example of why we suggest people get as much decking as possible around their pools.

I'm sorry I didn't look at the pic before answering.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.