Recommended mil range for custom liners for semi-inground pool

kbog23

Jun 26, 2019
CA
We are in the process of recessing a Copper Canyon model Doughboy. I am looking to do a custom liner and am unclear on the recommended mil. Can I do a 28 mil liner intended for an in-ground pool? I prefer the custom patterns and not sure if this would be too heavy for an above ground pool that we are sinking.

Last edited:
I have a 25 mil liner in a recessed Doughboy. Ours is an autumn breeze with their Madrid beaded liner. Why don’t you want to use a doughboy liner? Just wondering because our local pool guy uses their liners in all pools because he insists their the best quality liner with the best warranties.

Thank you Coveys. We are looking for more of a teal looking water to go with our CA landscaping. Want it to look more like a swimming hole or pond. Our installer too is recommending doughboy because of the high quality. Madrid looks like a great option if I can't find something aligned with the esthetic of the rest the yard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.