RenoPete

Mar 11, 2020
Reno,NV
Dear experts, I have a fairly new 5600 gal plaster spool with IC20 SCG. I recently purchased TF-100 kit to manage my own water and here are my numbers:
Free chlorine: 4 ppm
Total chlorine: 5 ppm
Calcium hardness: 700 ppm (tested fill water supply and it is 50 ppm)
TA: 130
CYA: 60
Salt: 4000
pH: 7.8
CSI: 0.74

I know I need to drain some water and fresh fill to reduce CH and Salt (pool math says about 40% drain for calcium and about 15% drain for salt). I also know I need to add some more acid to reduce pH and TA. Is there a particular sequence I should follow to most efficiently/effectively optimize my numbers? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Ok, so you're saying your:
FC is 4
CC is 1? If so, that implies something is in the water.....or you possibly just removed the cover and the water hasn't had a chance to "breath" yet? I get that. Covers can trap gasses that normally burn off/away, and if you did have a cover you need to let the water breath a bit with the pump on for about 30 min before testing.

CH is 700? Have you been using CalHypo to sanitize? Or routine shock powders?? That's pretty high for a SWG pool?

Salt 4000, a bit high for most SWGs. Is that result from a test kit or the SWG device?

Maddie :flower:

Aha! I missed that this is your first post to TFP. :hammer: WELCOME!! Glad to have you join us.

Once you drain your "Spool" I would refill and then check your baseline results:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt

Get the FC and CYA in there immediately. Use a sock to fill with CYA and let it hang over the side but not touching a wall. Squeeze it now and then to help speed up the dissolving. Have you discovered PoolMath yet? It will guide you on how much to use. Liquid chlorine for the first day before the SWG takes over.

Then add your salt with the SWG *off* and take a day to brush it around and let it mix in well before turning the device on.

pH of 7.8 is okay. A lot of this depends on your TA.

What is your fill water's TA, CH and pH?

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.