Recommendations for sump pump for well point that is 10 inches in diameter

Is this a newly placed fiberglass pool? Have you ever noticed water in the tube (a de-watering point) before? Generally one only needs to deal with them if the water in the pool is lowered significantly or drained entirely. The weight of the water in the pool is heavy and that keeps the pool down against any upwards ground water pressure.

My tube is empty but if I ever had to use it (never have yet!) I'd drop a small sump pump down there. Nothing big nor permanent needed. But I do check in there now and then just to be sure of its "dryness".

Maddie

Is this a newly placed fiberglass pool? Have you ever noticed water in the tube (a de-watering point) before? Generally one only needs to deal with them if the water in the pool is lowered significantly or drained entirely. The weight of the water in the pool is heavy and that keeps the pool down against any upwards ground water pressure.

My tube is empty but if I ever had to use it (never have yet!) I'd drop a small sump pump down there. Nothing big nor permanent needed. But I do check in there now and then just to be sure of its "dryness".

Maddie
I have had the pool about one year. I check the tube regularly and I have seen a little water before but not like yesterday. But last week when it was dry out side I noticed some water after I added water to the pool, that concerned me. But when it was raining, it was a lot of water. I did end up buying a sump pump that fit perfectly but I wish I had purchased an auto shut off one. But I felt better after removing the water. Hopefully there is no leak.

well, clay soils hold on to water a lot longer than other types. I just don't think you have much to worry about- you say you got a lot of rain, and the skimmer lid itself has two finger holes allowing water in.... Just don't lower your pool water level and allow the weight of your pool's water keep the pool settled.

Maddie

well, clay soils hold on to water a lot longer than other types. I just don't think you have much to worry about- you say you got a lot of rain, and the skimmer lid itself has two finger holes allowing water in.... Just don't lower your pool water level and allow the weight of your pool's water keep the pool settled.

Maddie
Thanks Maddie I appreciate your advise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.