Recommendations for my type of pool

tagteamcomputing

Gold Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
Tulsa, OK
I have a gunite pool with some corners and pop outs that seem to collect debris.

I am thinking about getting the type of robot that plugs in to the electrical and doesnt need to be attached to a filter hose so I don't have to run junk through my filter all the time. I was thinking that might extend the life of my filter by a bit. Would that be correct?

My pool can be see via the link below
Shared album - Tate Goodman - Google Photos

In today's pool industry, automated cleaners are really becoming more popular. Of special interest are those that you mention which are not operated by a pump's suction or pressure, but instead use a standard 120V power source. The Dolphin brand cleaner is one example. Do some searching here at TFP and you'll find TONS of such discussions and comparisons. Will it necessarily extend the life of your filter? I wouldn't say that so much as it would help to reduce the amount of cleaning required. Hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.