Recommendations for a wireless pool thermometer.

​I have an Ambient Weather WS-14 floating wireless pool thermometer which I like when it works. Unfortunately, the second floating sensor has now failed in little over a year. Currently, the display on the sensor just flashes on/off. I bought the current sensor in December after the previous one failed (which had been purchased the previous April). The base unit still works OK (when the sensor works)

So, any recommendations for a thermometer that will last MORE than 6 months at a time or should I just treat it as a consumable item?

TIA

I use THIS to monitor my pool. Its and acurite outdoor temp sensor with an optional temperature probe that I have dipped into my pool and tucked behind the stairs so its out of the way. Its not a perfect solution for everyone tho as you need the acurite smart hub as well to read it. It works really well tho and its reports the temp to my phone with an app. The app also does data trending and keeps logs for a few months worth of data.

Its a pricey option but I already had a personal weather station and really like the ability to read all the data from it on my phone.

I was looking at their site again and saw THIS its another way to monitor the pool with a fixed readout in the house. It uses the same outdoor sensor as above.

I use THIS to monitor my pool. Its and acurite outdoor temp sensor with an optional temperature probe that I have dipped into my pool and tucked behind the stairs so its out of the way. Its not a perfect solution for everyone tho as you need the acurite smart hub as well to read it. It works really well tho and its reports the temp to my phone with an app. The app also does data trending and keeps logs for a few months worth of data.

Its a pricey option but I already had a personal weather station and really like the ability to read all the data from it on my phone.

I was looking at their site again and saw THIS its another way to monitor the pool with a fixed readout in the house. It uses the same outdoor sensor as above.

I used to have this Acurite which worked for several years. It included a remote sensor with a plug-in remote probe. When the sensor eventually failed, there were no replacements available (discontinued).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.