Recommendations for a pump replacement

rtay59

Sep 15, 2013
Houston
We lost a pump and motor during last year's freeze. It only runs three scuppers. It is a Jandy PHPU 1.0. (its old) I can find a replacement motor but need the pump as well.
My pool guy is only finding variable speed pumps that are very expensive. We don't run the scuppers very often so not wanting to shell out a lot of money needlessly. Any recommendations are welcome.

"59", I don't see a state or location in your avatar profile info, but taking a leap and guessing TX since you mentioned the freeze? While it is true some states (i.e. CA) will sell only VSPs, you can still get others online. I got my 2-saped through Poolzoom, so they're out there. Might depend on if this is a DIY or if your pool tech is only looking for specific products. There are some new VSP manufactures that are competing quite well against the big names. See the link below as one example. Also let us know if you have any automation, or if this is just a stand-alone pump for those scuppers.

Reactions: rtay59
"59", I don't see a state or location in your avatar profile info, but taking a leap and guessing TX since you mentioned the freeze? While it is true some states (i.e. CA) will sell only VSPs, you can still get others online. I got my 2-saped through Poolzoom, so they're out there. Might depend on if this is a DIY or if your pool tech is only looking for specific products. There are some new VSP manufactures that are competing quite well against the big names. See the link below as one example. Also let us know if you have any automation, or if this is just a stand-alone pump for those scuppers.

You're right, I'm in Houston. This pump just runs the scuppers. Initially we had a weeping wall with six outlets but when we revamped the pool in 2018 we changed to the three scuppers. I'll talk to my pool guy about these other pumps y'all have suggested.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.