Recommendation for robots that run multiple times a day and/or longer hours?

OP -I have my Maytronics Dolphin S200 in automation mode, plugged into a Kasa outdoor smart plug. I don't own an Alexa/Siri/Echo but I'm away from home right now and could turn on my robot if needed with my smartphone. I can also create a schedule to run it 5 times/day if needed.

There's a thread in which @markayash and @setsailsoon provided helpful info. Let me know if you need it.

Reactions: markayash
Reactions: markayash
Hello, all: First post here! I'm researching pool robots and came across this thread. I have a really dumb question: When you set a robot to automation mode, are you leaving the robot in the pool 24/7? The reason I ask is some of the articles I've read say not to leave the robot in the pool when not in use. Of course, this makes no sense if it has automated scheduling so I just want to be sure.

Welcome to the forum @Puddinman! You are correct - most of the benefit of the automation comes from leaving the robot in the pool. I use my automation mainly when I'm on vacation, because I do like to take the robot out of the pool in between cleanings.

Welcome to the forum @Puddinman! You are correct - most of the benefit of the automation comes from leaving the robot in the pool. I use my automation mainly when I'm on vacation, because I do like to take the robot out of the pool in between cleanings.
Thanks! Yes, that makes sense. I was wondering if I even need to spend the extra cash for automation features and the way you use it is actually a good benefit of the feature. When I finally pull the trigger on a robot, I will probably get one with at least rudimentary automation -I don't know about all the wifi/app features but definitely the ability to throw it in my pool when I'm not home for an extended time.

Thanks! Yes, that makes sense. I was wondering if I even need to spend the extra cash for automation features and the way you use it is actually a good benefit of the feature. When I finally pull the trigger on a robot, I will probably get one with at least rudimentary automation -I don't know about all the wifi/app features but definitely the ability to throw it in my pool when I'm not home for an extended time.
A basic s200 in automation mode is all you probably need. I have mine set to run twice a day and can start and stop anytime using my smart plug app.
I can’t drive it but to me that’s all I need 🙂

Have look at the link in post #8. That solution will work with a Dolphin S200.

Well, I found a local Dolphin dealer and pulled the trigger on the S200 because they had a labor day sale on it for like $800. His name is Arturitu (kind of a Spanish bastardization of R2D2, lol) and he hit the pool yesterday! I am amazed at how good he cleans! I had to clean the ultra-fine filter twice because apparently there was a lot of silt/sand. I am so happy I won't have to vacuum as much! I'm disappointed in the documentation provided by Maytronics, for sure, but I'm glad I have a fine community of users to rely on here. Definitely will enable the automation mode as I have a smart plug that works with Siri/HomeKit.

I almost bought the Polaris VRX iq+ from Leslies because having a local place to go for service was important to me. I was also looking at the Aquabot Breeze. But ultimately, I'm so glad I came across a local Dolphin dealer!

Reactions: DanF and markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.