Central Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm thinking of installing a meter in the irrigation box, where my autofill is plumbed. It's 1/2" PVC line, so I don't need a large/expensive meter. I've found a few online, anywhere from $30 - $1000 ... so was wondering if anyone else has done this, and what you used.

I searched, and only found one other thread on it, so maybe it's not a common thing to do.

I'd like to track how much water the pool is losing (combination of evaporation, splashing, etc ...); but figured in the winter, it could also be a good indication if a leak develops.

1598812613941.png

robhdrider

Jul 7, 2012
Southeastern IL
I wanted a water meter for the same reason, I went to the local water company and asked about purchasing an old meter as they do routine meter replacements and have old ones on hand. They gave me a meter, no charge. You may not get one for free but it can’t hurt to ask.

MostlyCanuck

Bronze Supporter
Mar 19, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I'm thinking of installing a meter in the irrigation box, where my autofill is plumbed. It's 1/2" PVC line, so I don't need a large/expensive meter. I've found a few online, anywhere from $30 - $1000 ... so was wondering if anyone else has done this, and what you used.

I searched, and only found one other thread on it, so maybe it's not a common thing to do.

I'd like to track how much water the pool is losing (combination of evaporation, splashing, etc ...); but figured in the winter, it could also be a good indication if a leak develops.

View attachment 160379
Stoopalini - what did you go with in the end? I am also looking for recommendations on similar set up... thx!

Rancho Cost-a-Lotta

Silver Supporter
Apr 10, 2018
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Stoopalini - what did you go with in the end? I am also looking for recommendations on similar set up... thx!
This is a recent recommendation I came across...

Stoopalini

Gold Supporter
Jun 8, 2020
Central Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I actually didn't end up putting a meter on the line. It kind of fell off the priority list.