Recommendation for floating colorful rechargeable light?

Oct 6, 2009
Greetings all!

I'd like a little more ambient light in my pool at night, and if possible, I'd like colorful light as opposed to just white. I have had a few of those floating lights that run on double-A batteries, and sadly...although they look cool...the batteries don't last too long, and the last one I got just broke almost instantly. Now, don't get me wrong -- I have no love for rechargeble lights (even now I have a bag of 3 or 4 dead rechargeble outdoor lights ready to go in the trash). But I am willing to try something rechargeable to avoid the costs of having to keep replacing batteries. Can anyone recommend any good rechargeable floating pool lights (hopefully something with colorful LED lights)? My pool is an in-ground fiberglass pool, and it is pretty small (something like 24 feet long by 12 feet wide, and only 5'6" deep at the deep end).

Thanks!

Chuck

Yes, I should consider the use of rechargeable AA batteries for the kind of floating LED lights I have used before. The reason I have been reluctant to do so is because my last such light broke pretty much as soon as I got it home so I have soured on that paradigm.

Chuck

Home Depot used to carry a 2-pack of solar rechargeable pool lights by Hampton Bay. The lights had a multicolor LED that would continuously change between 6 or 8 colors. The lights wouldn't light up the bottom of the pool, but I thought they did provide nice accent lighting in my pool.

I checked the HD website, and they don't show them anymore; however, I did find one listing for them on Ebay, so you can check there if interested. It might not hurt to go by your local HD too, and see if they have any on the shelf.

One problem I found with floating lights are that they float (duh!) and usually end up by the steps or the skimmer, so I had to anchor them down with a bag of marbles tied to the light with piece of fishing line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.