Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi All,

I am a second year pool owner and I am looking to get some insight on what FC Levels I run in our pool.
I have a CYA at 50 and I have a noticed over last 2 years and when FC < 10, more around 6-8 range we start getting a white haze and eventually cloudy pool.
I have done SLAM multiples times and typically it passes in 1-2 days it becomes crystal clear.
Currently the pool is sitting at FC 10 and as per pool math FC should be between 2-8.
I know as per TFP for SWG I should have CYA around 70-80, I have intentionally kept it around 50-60 range as our pool stays covered most of the time.
Recommendations from other pool owners will be helpful.

p.s. in early June we went on vacation and I intentionally left pool at SLAM level for 2 weeks to prevent returning to cloudy pool

If you have indeed never fell below 6ppm Chlorine, then the possibility that you have the pool covered and unused too long could be the reason for the cloudiness. Try uncovering the pool more often and make sure the water gets moved around by actually swimming in it. Also, brushing is necessary as well.

White haze and cloudy indicates algae.

Several members here, including myself, run hot. That is, at the upper end of the recommended FC levels.

Attachments

• IMG_1224.jpeg
    IMG_1224.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 10
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.