Recommend basic vacuum setupfor AGP

You can hook up a manual vacuum head. Depending on how powerful your pump is it may or may not work well for you... I think you will just have to try and see... something like this Amazon.com : Milliard Sea-Thru Triangle Weighted Pool and Spa Vacuum Head, 11" Wide Cleaning Surface Safe on Vinyl Lined Pools : Garden & Outdoor

You will also need a vacuum hose and a pole (if you don't already have these). Make sure to prime the hose first by getting all the air out and replacing with water.

I recommended the Water Tech product because you can just attach it to the pole and start vacuuming. No need to get the hose out or prime it with water...I hate manually vacuuming especially in 90+ degree weather. It also has the benefit of not taking whatever gunk you are sucking up and sending it straight to your filter which will keep the time between cleaning and cartridge changes longer. It's especially nice if you just need to spot clean an area... because hooking a manual vacuum up to clean a small area is too much work.

I see thank you once again appreciate your guidance on both my posts. My Intex pump is very loud even being brand new I have read it might be bearings, but I suppose I should call for a replacement, I’m also reading upgrading to a better pump and filter is likely a better option. So may options ?

I definitely understand! With pools there is always something newer, bigger, better, fancier that you see and want! Just prioritize what will make your life easier.

Definitely get the pump checked out if it's brand new and not acting right. I think a sand filter would make your life easier because you won't have to keep cleaning and changing filters... only the occasional backwash...

But plan your goodies and upgrades out. You don't have to get them all at once. Get whatever will be your biggest bang for the buck first and then get the other goodies and toys later on. In between then, enjoy your new pool!!!!

Reactions: Bobbieb
After researching some more affordable options, I got fed up and saw and purchased the Water Tech Volt FX-8 Li in the local pool store. I have to say, I'm quite impressed. I was hesitant to sink $200+ into a poop that cost me roughly $100 more but I could not be happier.

It did a excellent job with a couple of small leaf piles at the bottom of the pool after we were out of town. I saw a little bit of dirt a few days later and used it again, on the same charge and was amazed at how much small Crud made it into the filter bag.

The reviews for this over many other more affordable options are leaps and bounds better. I paid $239 after tax for mine and that was one of the better prices I saw. If you don't mind going over $200, this will not disappoint you.

I do not work for or have any financially vested interests in Water Tech fyi ?

Reactions: Bobbieb
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.