Recalibrate Hayward Controller

sfallon

Jul 26, 2021
NJ
Moved from HERE

I have read about 50 posts and nobody answers the simple question people are asking. Instead they ask did you do this or did you do that. So I will try again for everyone please do not respond with a question only a answer which should be yes you can and this is how you do it or no you cannot do it. If my goldline aqua plus is reading 25V and 5 AMPS but instead of the typical 3200ppm it is reading 4200ppm. I have had my water checked 10 times the salt is 2600ppm. If I add salt I get a salt to high shutdown. Obviously my Hayward is not calibrated correctly. Can you recalibrate the Hayward controller to the correct reading. Yes or No. I do not mean going to the diagnostic menu and running it again it comes up wrong it is not calibrated correctly. can you or can you not recalibrate this?

Last edited by a moderator:
The cell type is probably wrong in the configuration.

Check the cell type from the cell label and check the cell type in the configuration menu.

I suspect that your cell is a T-15 but the cell type is a T-5 or a T-9 in the configuration menu.

Change the cell type to match your cell and it should begin to read the salinity correctly.

1627329386311.png

To answer your question about calibration, no you cannot calibrate it.

Reactions: VP_EHC
If it is reading low, the cell might be bad, but if it is reading high, it has to be a configuration error or the voltage is too high.

The voltage is fine, so it is almost definitely a configuration error.

So I will try again for everyone please do not respond with a question only a answer which should be yes you can and this is how you do it or no you cannot do it.
A note to the OP.

If all I did was answer your question like you insisted, I would have just said "No, you cannot calibrate the system" and you would have no idea what the real problem was.

So, maybe don't be so insistent about how you want people to answer.

Reactions: revitup
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.