Rebuilding all plumbing: what should I do with floor cleaning system?

shagymoe

Gold Supporter
Nov 6, 2022
Boynton Beach, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I recently installed a Pentair IntelliCenter automation that came with the IntelliChlor i40 cell. For that and many other reasons, I am completely rebuilding all of my plumbing and I'm trying to decide what to do with the Jandy 5-port valve floor cleaning system I have. I've been in this house for 1 year and during that time, the system has been disabled. The internals were not working so I just removed them. So, the cleaning system is basically doing nothing and I have a robot cleaner that does a great job. IMHO, the floor cleaning system is pretty useless at this point and all the flow basically goes out of the floor cleaners closest to the return junction. So, do I just keep the Jandy, replace the internals, do I just leave it empty or do I replace it with something else like a Pentair system? What would you do?

So, the cleaning system is basically doing nothing and I have a robot cleaner that does a great job. IMHO, the floor cleaning system is pretty useless at this point and all the flow basically goes out of the floor cleaners closest to the return junction. So, do I just keep the Jandy, replace the internals, do I just leave it empty or do I replace it with something else like a Pentair system? What would you do?
There are mixed reviews on the forum whether the IFCS is effective or not. Also, reliability is also a concern as you have discovered.
Are all the heads down in the pool? Assume so since your robot cleaner has been functioning. This should seal any flow in opposite direction.
I would simply not plumb it into the new plumbing plan. Cap the pipe leading into the central system so it becomes a closed in system.

How many wall returns in the pool and can they be selected separately from the IFCS?
What brand is the IFCS?

There are no wall returns. It is a Jandy/Zodiac 5-port Caretaker.
So this is your only method to circulate water to your pool. Have you had anyone try to service the unit or the nozzles in the pool? Do you know how many zones you have? Maybe the previous owner left a drawing of which nozzles are linked into the zones. A picture of your equipment pad would still help.
the floor cleaning system is pretty useless at this point and all the flow basically goes out of the floor cleaners closest to the return junction.
How many nozzles are providing circulation to the pool?

Since the infloor popups ARE the returns, it would be beneficial from a circulation point of view to have the system working as designed. It sounds like your water distrubution valve is the issue. Is there a gearset in that valve?

Having low flow out of a few of the popups ports closest to the pad isn't providing adequate circulation.

Post a few pictures of the water valve (with and without top), equipment and pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.