Rebuild - any regrets or gotchas?

hende

Jul 2, 2014
NE Ohio
I'm in the middle of a delayed refurbishing of my pool area. Currently I've had a new fence installed and will be replacing all mechanicals and restoring a return that failed a few years ago. After that the concrete will go in and hopefully everything will work fine for years to come.

Before getting to the final step of concrete I wanted to reach out to others to see if there were any regrets of something not done prior to concrete that either forced you to tear the concrete out or just skip it. I getting an electrician and plumber lined up for outlets and a gas line, and I'm thinking about burying some speaker wires for future use. Any other recommendations?

I've attached pictures of the original pool area and the current state.

Thanks

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    683 KB · Views: 31
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 30
Have you thought about landscape lighting for the area?

Running empty conduit to some locations can future proof your ability to get low voltage wiring under the deck to various areas.

@Dirk has done a lot of thinking about this stuff.

Thanks for the reply. So far the only lighting I considered was outdoor string light using the outlets around the pool. I'll do more research on other landscape lighting options.

I did consider just putting a bigger conduit in the ground to hopefully future proof other needs. That's something I can talk to the electrician about considering interference risks between different lines.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.