Rebar supports go in when?

Belikin

Gold Supporter
Mar 15, 2020
NE Florida
so, the steel guys aren't finished yet but they are done for the day. I think I've seen and read that the floor rebar should be on supports right?
Is this something that is done once all the rebar is in and tied together? Is it standard of construction to do so?
I don't want to be an Rear to the steel guys but I'm worried its supposed to be happening already and isn't and therefore won't be. If I've learned nothing else from this group it's that I need to be proactive and looking when the build is occurring to prevent issues even when the builder tells me he's been doing this for 34 years and the steel guy says he's been working with our PB for over 20 years.
The steel is supposed to be finished in one additional day and then gunite the day after.

Attachments

• 20200623_175508.jpg
    20200623_175508.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 30
We had gunite installed recently, and they waited right up until the day before gunite to add the supports. I think it’s because they need to walk around the bottom still and that is way easier to do when the rebar is on the ground.

Just make sure that it’s done before gunite crew shows up.

Reactions: Belikin
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.