Reasonable quote for pool + deck resurfacing?

aztodd

Gold Supporter
Apr 11, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-35
Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 9.12.13 AM.png

I have a ~13k gallon play pool that I need resurfaced, and old cool decking that needs to be replaced. This quote is in line with what I was expecting, but I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts or advice to share.

Also - any opinions on StoneScapes brand pebbles vs pebbletec?

That’s pretty reasonable for the Phoenix market - large area with lots of pools. If you haven’t gotten other quotes, then you really won’t know for sure. Given the market base in your area, you should be able to find at least 3 or 4 reputable plaster applicators to get quotes from. Down south here we have fewer contractors to pick from but we do have a few well-established family businesses to choose from.

As I always say, you should ask for references or pools that have been recently worked on. A good contractor is always eager to show off his workmanship.

Reactions: aztodd
That’s pretty reasonable for the Phoenix market - large area with lots of pools. If you haven’t gotten other quotes, then you really won’t know for sure. Given the market base in your area, you should be able to find at least 3 or 4 reputable plaster applicators to get quotes from. Down south here we have fewer contractors to pick from but we do have a few well-established family businesses to choose from.

As I always say, you should ask for references or pools that have been recently worked on. A good contractor is always eager to show off his workmanship.
That's good advice. I tend to be impatient and don't always get as many quotes on things as should.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.