Really low PH new plaster

Jan 12, 2011
Bel Air, MD
I think my PH is below 7 by a good amount. I may of put too much Muratic acid in and no stores are open this time. If I dont raise the ph until 10 am EST tomorrow will this be really bad for my new plaster? Should I look into getting some Borax tonight somehow?

At 80 TA, you should be fine.

How much acid did you add?

What were the pH and TA before you added the acid?

You could add some baking soda if you think that the pH is really low, but I suspect that it's probably ok.

You could add some baking soda if you think that the pH is really low, but I suspect that it's probably ok.
1 1/2 gallons in a 25k gallon pool. It was red on my test kit so that means over 8, but now when i do my ph test its under 7, dont know how much under 7 but i know its the yellow shade lighter than them all.

I would estimate that the pH went to about 6.7.

That's not super low. It should be back to 7.2 by morning.

If the TA is 80 now, it would have been about 110 before you added the acid.

If you want, you can add about 6 lbs baking soda and brush well to be extra safe.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Last edited:

I would estimate that the pH went to about 6.7.

That's not super low. It should be back to 7.2 by morning.

If the TA is 80 now, it would have been about 110 before you added the acid.

If you want, you can add about 4 lbs baking soda and brush well to be extra safe.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.
thanks a lot for reducing my stress level :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.