Bronze Supporter
Oct 5, 2013
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My R-0011L nozzle was clogged so I put a needle through it. It did not work. I had an empty bottle of R-0012 and I took the nozzle off and put it on R-11L bottle. I assume that both the nozzles dispense the same size drops. Am I correct?

The R0011L is an indicator so the absolute amount added is not as critical.

If the reagent is getting thick, it likely is time for a new bottle.

My R0011 indicator is not that old, but, sitting in the box for a week at a time, it tends to grow a 'skin' on top of the liquid after a few weeks sometimes, sorta like paint. Not sure if the orifice in the various bottles are the same or not. I just used a very small needle smaller than the orifice and poked a few holes in the skin.

All the holes in the bottles are identical. The conical shape of the tip is what determines the size of the drop. Therefore, it is important to allow the drop to "form" on the tip and then fall off from gravity. The drops are quite uniform.

I have no experience with any of the reagents skimming over. Even after a couple of years of being open, I have not seen this. As mknauss said, the R-0011L is a dye indicator and the exact amount is not very critical

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
My bottle of R0011 is less than a a year old (came with my TF-100 kit purchased last summer) but it seems quite thick and I get very small drops. Knowing it is just the indicator I've been compensating by adding an extra drop or two to the test and it seems to still give consistent result. I did try popping the bottle tip off and washing it in running water, as it looked like it might be partially clogged. But the freshly cleaned behaved exactly the same.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.