Readings

shawes

Gold Supporter
Apr 14, 2020
Houston, Texas
This morning my TA was a high and PH was perfect. The app suggested acid to counteract and of course it worked. My TA is still a bit high but I'm afraid to drive my PH to low. Screenshoot of both this morning and now..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200519-164312.jpg
    Screenshot_20200519-164312.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20200519-164105.jpg
    Screenshot_20200519-164105.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 6
You can leave it alone for now. A pH of 7.2 is low enough for now, and while your TA still has room to fall over time, it's not an immediate issue to do so. More than anything I'd watch the FC to ensure it doesn't fall as low as it did before to avoid alage. Hope that helps.

Reactions: shawes
You can leave it alone for now. A pH of 7.2 is low enough for now, and while your TA still has room to fall over time, it's not an immediate issue to do so. More than anything I'd watch the FC to ensure it doesn't fall as low as it did before to avoid alage. Hope that helps.

I'm watching it like a hawk!!! My husband has asked if I intend to leave the test kit on the kitchen counter all summer. ???

Just checkin gin to see how things are going? I know your previous post kind of got hijacked and wanted to make sure things were going in the right direction.
Thank you for checking on me!!!!

My water is still crystal clear and I know I'm doing a full, all point, check to often right now but I'm a bit paranoid about it still. ?. I'm checking everything about twice a week right now....Trying to slack myself off some.

You will slow down.

My schedule -

Chlorine and pH every two or three days

TA, CH every week or so

CYA Beginning of the swim season and every month - six weeks unless an "event" (like monsoon rains) that may impact CYA occurs

• Love
I forgot to say, chlorine additions happens daily. Until I added the liquid chlorine pump to the pool each morning with coffee I was pouring the "normal" amount in the pool.

Acid additions happened on those days of testing.

You will slow down.

My schedule -

Chlorine and pH every two or three days

TA, CH every week or so

CYA Beginning of the swim season and every month - six weeks unless an "event" (like monsoon rains) that may impact CYA occurs
That's what I'm reaching for once I learn to completely trust what I'm doing. After weeks of the pool store telling me they don't understand why my water is green when my numbers looked perfect, I'm wondering how it can be this easy??!!!!

That's what I'm reaching for once I learn to completely trust what I'm doing. After weeks of the pool store telling me they don't understand why my water is green when my numbers looked perfect, I'm wondering how it can be this easy??!!!!
First, yes - it IS that easy.

I'll tell you what my thoughts are. Pool store employees primary goal is to sell stuff, not necessarily get your pool in perfect condition. As to whether that is because of improper training, lack of knowledge or just to sell stuff I will leave up to you. While you would think that a "professional" would be the best, unfortunately in most cases it is quite the opposite. Between employees who blindly trust the word of chemical sales representatives and high school kids working in the pool store for the summer you end up with poor results from their advice and testing.

The pool store want's you to have "a shed filled with white bottles of pool chemicals that had mysterious names and purposes".

Unfortunately the pool industry has evolved into sales by scare tactics, misdirection, misinformation and marketing hype.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.