Central Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Hi. I am about to reseal my stamped concrete pool patio. It was previously sealed with an Acrylic sealer with a color added to it. It lasted quite a while. When they originally sealed the patio, they did not include the egde of the patio within the pool area itself. Shouldn't that concrete be sealed as well? See the attached picture to see what I mean by the inside area. (The concrete coping edge).

Shouldn't I seal this as well with the same sealant.?

Thanks
Rich

IMG_6267.JPEG

Last edited by a moderator:
That arrow in the picture looks like it is pointing to the vinyl liner or the coping.

It is not clear what concrete you are asking about.

Hi. It's pointing to the approx 4" concrete edge above the liner that is the edge of the stamped concrete patio.. Should I seal that part as well? The people that did it originally didn't seal that area.

Maybe they did not want to risk getting colored sealer in the water or on the liner?

I would think it should be sealed for protection shouldn't it? If it was just because they worried about the liner, then I will seal it. I noticed my friend's pool has theirs sealed. Just didn't know if there was a certain reason why I shouldn't.

I would think it should be sealed for protection shouldn't it?
It doesn't puddle up like the horizontal patio so it's subject to alot less moisture IMO. Some cannonball waves and rain that drains itself into the pool is nothing by comparison.