Re-Plastering costs

May 15, 2014
Warrenton, Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have received a quote for replastering a 400 sf, ~12,000 gal IG gunite pool. These numbers are off the contract. I was quoted $9,500 for white plaster and around $19,000 for a quartz finish. These numbers seem extremely high to me. This is only my first quote. My question would be are these numbers really reasonable?

I'd appreciate any and all input.

Terri

Welcome to TFP.

Get a few other quotes from within your area. Plaster costs vary widely across the country and depend a lot on local competition and how busy they are.

Is that $9,500 for JUST the plaster? Or for the whole job?

If only for the plaster, that seems high. But like ajw22 said, that might be what your local market is supporting.

If for the whole job, what else is included?

Thanks for your responses. the quote included: draining pool and pulling the hydrostats; prepping and apply a bond coat; apply white plaster
Ok that is a basic replaster job. Yes, that would be high in my local area. Especially for plain white plaster. My entire job was a bit under $20k, and you can see everything that included in the thread linked in my signature.

Get more quotes!

Do not accept a bond coat and skim job. You absolutely want all of the old plaster chipped out down to the gunite shell. Then they should prep, bond coat and replaster. A skim job will not last long.

Reactions: travelfeedsthesoul
I have received a quote for replastering a 400 sf, ~12,000 gal IG gunite pool. These numbers are off the contract. I was quoted $9,500 for white plaster and around $19,000 for a quartz finish. These numbers seem extremely high to me. This is only my first quote. My question would be are these numbers really reasonable?

Terrabout what we were quoted for a replaster back in 2019.

Terri
$10k is what I was quoted back in 2019 for replaster. Didn’t get details on if that included the chip-out but our pool is a bit larger. World events have pushed prices up a lot since then.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.