Re-Introducing Myself!

frustratedpoolmom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 20, 2007
Key West, FL
So, I'm laid up for a couple of days after slicing my leg open on the back of my truck. So since I can't physically work on my clients' pools for a couple of days, I'll hang out here and try and assist.

I joined TFP back in 2007 and became a Moderator in 2008. My life took me in all sorts of directions between then and now, and after the encouragement of Duraleigh, I started my own pool maintenance business in 2011. It kept me too busy to be on the forum especially during peak times, which are my peak times!

This is my 8th summer in business, utilizing the TFP philosophy and knowledge I've gained here, and frankly sometimes hands-on trial and error, and all of these things have benefited me and my clients. Business continues to grow despite that this will be the 4th summer in a row that some freak accident has affected my daily activities. LOL my friends say I should be wrapped in bubble wrap.

So glad to be able to spend a little time on here, I had 8 scheduled jobs today and I was already 2 weeks behind due to the wettest May on record here in the Chicago area.

What bugs me is I forgot all of my little shortcuts and what-not when giving advice. Not sure I even remember how to post pictures anymore. LOL
That's okay you probably don't want to see the slice. :geek:

Glad to hear there are people who provide quality pool services.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

I wish you a complete and speedy recovery. I`m sure your clients will be glad for you to be back on the job providing troublefree care for their pools and spas.

I want to leave you with my company`s Guiding Principles regarding working safely and efficiently. We all know every injury is preventable.

Work Safely or not at All

There is always time to do it right

If it is worth doing do it better

Glad to have you back. I’d love to hear how you incorporate TFP principles in your business. We hear so often the incompatibility of the two.

Heal quickly!

Hi...hope your well soon. Did you get into pool care because of TFPC? Can you share some experiences? Do you maintain pools permanently or teach folks to do it themselves?

Thanks

Hi frustratedpoolmom,

Welcome back.

Ive seen a lot of your old posts from years ago and wondered what happened to you Thought maybe you got kidnapped or something!

Glad to know your business is a successful one and you're doing OK, except for the cut leg.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi...hope your well soon. Did you get into pool care because of TFPC? Can you share some experiences? Do you maintain pools permanently or teach folks to do it themselves?

Thanks

Yes, I started taking care of my friends and families pools using the methods I learned here. About 4 years in (and a divorce) I needed to earn money and was convinced a pool maintenance business was the way to go (especially because there were not many out this way, a definite niche, and a lot of desperate pool owners who were being robbed blind by the pool stores)

I have done pretty much every kind of pool assignment imaginable, but I have tried to scale it down to majority just weekly maintenance clients (some have been with me from the beginning-they are like family). I've expanded the number this year as I'm physically in better health that the last few years, and I've returned to openings (and remembering now why I gave most of them up).

I have a very interesting project that will begin this Monday and it will include a photo journal type story. It's going to be a real challenge. :)

Hello! I lurked for quite a while before joining and you helped me a lot with your posts! I’m sorry for your injury, but glad to see you back on the forum!

Did you ever go back to this customer?

needs help. LOL

That's actually a friend's pool, and was doing them a favor, when they called me in a panic because of the weird color. He insisted at the time that nothing was added.... it was bizarre...

I planned to go back a day or 2 later, and he said nevermind, everything is fine now. So nope, haven't been back. Still don't have an explanation for the test results and the chemical reaction I witnessed. Was so cool to watch tho. lol