raypak pool heater sw open

evanwellens

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Stony Point, NY
So I opened the pool got the chem going and was trying to get the temp up. Our heater worked most of yesterday and this morning when I went turn it on it was fine. But just checked on it and getting SW Open. Any ideas ? The filter is running fine, pressure is a little high (will have to clean the filters) 18-20, but I've run the heater at that pressure before without issue. Any ideas ? Is there a sensor I can test continuity on ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

What model number heater?

There should be more to that message. Is it Water SW Open or Rollout SW Open?

What model number heater?

Check the continuity and wires to the water switch.

Have you tried to turn it on multiple times?

There should be a microswitch on the water intake where the pipes enter the side of the unit. Take the panel off and check the crimp terminals. If they look good, it might be a bad switch, or for some reason, water is not reaching the header...check any valves near the intake and make sure they are on and your pump is not on low speed. If you have a heater bypass valve, turn that off to ensure full flow to the heater. You can also bypass the filter to see if that is causing low flow issues.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.