Raypak heater help

Jul 2, 2014
Hudson, wi
I have a new Raypak heater model 264. It worked when installed last fall. Today when I went to fire it up for the first time it wasn't able to get all the air out of the gas line in its 3 attempts and now it is locked out and just says call service. Does anyone know how to get the controls unlocked without calling service? Thanks

Turn power off for 90 seconds and it should reset. Not familiar with the new avias but it should be the same. I’ve had issues with new raypaks off the assembly line. It may be a good idea to check header and back header for leaks. Check your burner tray for any rust.

Turn power off for 90 seconds and it should reset. Not familiar with the new avias but it should be the same. I’ve had issues with new raypaks off the assembly line. It may be a good idea to check header and back header for leaks. Check your burner tray for any rust.
cycled the power switch and cut off all power and it hasn't helped. Everything looks good inside now, I had to clean a bunch of acorns out of it....dang those mice can get in through the smallest cracks.....not even sure how they got the acorns in. I read where some people had a reset button on the board but I don't seem to have that option on the control board or at the panel. I even pulled the control panel out to see if the switch was located there, and nothing. technology sucks when it doesn't work.

Attachments

• heater board.jpg
    heater board.jpg
    610.9 KB · Views: 76
I figured it out.....no amount of powering down will reset it, I tried many things many times......the proper procedure is to hit the button on the control board that says setup next to it (only button on the control board, it is in my picture above) for 15 seconds, then hit the mode button for 5 seconds and that will clear the "call service" code which had my heater disabled. Mine went into lockdown because I have a long gas line and it was not able to get the air out in the 3 chances it gives itself to ignite. Hopefully someone else will find this useful, good luck. BTW, I am liking the new app, Raymote, that allows me to control my heater from anywhere....I can turn my heater up while I am at work so it is warm when I get home for example....

Reactions: Poolbreh
I Followed what onestout said but My avia is still not going Out of service mode. I pressed set up on the board for 15 seconds. Then I held a mode down for 5 more seconds. Still nothing. Anything else to know? HELP!
This can be found in the Raymote app (but not real easy). Click on the head emoji in the upper left. Then go to error codes. Hold "service" button for 15 seconds. Then press and hold "MODE" for 5 seconds. This worked on my new Avia. It also says that some 1st production units require that you (instead) push the "set up" button located on the main circuit board.

Reactions: onestout

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This can be found in the Raymote app (but not real easy). Click on the head emoji in the upper left. Then go to error codes. Hold "service" button for 15 seconds. Then press and hold "MODE" for 5 seconds. This worked on my new Avia. It also says that some 1st production units require that you (instead) push the "set up" button located on the main circuit board.
I can’t find a service button in the app

Purchased my Avia 404 July, 23. On my heater to clear “Call Service” push and hold “Service” button on the control panel for approximately 15 seconds or until the prompt then tells you to release service button and push and hold “Mode” button for 5 seconds.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.