Raypak Heat Pump Scheduling Time

House2021

May 24, 2021
Woodland Hills, Ca
I noticed the raypak heat pump mentions pump periods which seem like they should allow you to specify when the pump turns on and off. However, it doesn't seem to work? Anyone know how this feature works? Anyway to get my heat pump to honor the schedule configured?

Is your pool pump running during the times your Heat Pump is scheduled to run?

A
Yes it is, the heat pump turns on same time as pool pump and ignores the schedule
So, the Raypak HP is turning on the pool pump according to the schedule you set? And your issue is that you don't want the HP to start heating during that time? If that's the case, then unfortunately, you would need to turn down your temp. That's the one thing missing in the Raypak 8450 automation, which I think the critical, and that is separate temps for the various time periods. So, for say 6pm till 10am, keep temp at say 80F. From 10am till 6pm, keep temp at 84F, to take advantage of the heat of the day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.