Raypak 8450 runs when no demand

Skinnedcat

Aug 30, 2020
NY
I have little to no pool maintenance experience compared to experts, but I am a highly experienced construction & maintenance worker.
Recently installed a Raypak 8450 heat pump to my pool. Works great, I ridiculously oversized it. One minor issue is at night, it seems to try to turn on even though the water pu.p is off. Leads to a high pressure lockout by morning. That is easily reset, but I would like to fix this so I dont have to start turning it off every night. I put in a call to Raypak, waiting to hear back.....

A Raypak tech called this morning. He was very helpful, did not 'talk down' to me.
The problem/sllution is very simple. I have an above ground pool. The residual water falling through the system from gravity is activating the flow sensor enough to turn on the heater when temperature demands. He said he did not think a check valve would work. He suggest a water sensor which hooks inline, and is wired into the control board somewhere near lugs 7&8.

Problem solved. So happy with this Raypak, I can't even tell ya....

Hey! Great to hear!! Do me a favor though, ok - Would you fill out a signature line (found under settings) with a description of your pool and equipment. This helps us avoid having to ask you details liie "is it inground or above ground".... capisce?
Thanks!

Maddie

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.