Raypak 8450 can't access any menus

nobueno

Silver Supporter
Sep 25, 2019
Erie, CO
We just finished hooking up our Raypak 8450 heat pump and can't access any of the installer/service menus or any other menus for that matter. The electrician hit the jumper and it turned on so it has the appropriate power. The menu just displays the 'time' 'water temp' and 'off'. No errors. None of the button combinations in the manual are working to access the user or service menus though. Tried cutting power and restoring but no dice.

I'm almost starting to wonder if we got a used unit. The tip 'n tell was good so it didn't fall over and there were no dents/holes in the box but once I unboxed it there's a huge dent in it. This coupled with the fact that it's supposed to default to the installer/service menu on initial startup are starting to make me wonder...Thoughts?

IMG_20200901_195302.jpg

Ribbon cable on the back of the board was disconnected. Few pins bent but straightened them out and we're good.
full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.