Raypak 405K propane heater - won't turn on

sedalbj

Silver Supporter
Jul 3, 2016
Eastern PA
Our heater won't turn on. Help?

We opened the pool turned on the heater, it ran for 3 days and got the pool up to 80 and maintained it no problem. Last night we asked it to heat the spa, and it didn't work. I'm not sure if the request for the spa heating is just a coincidence?

Last night when I noticed the pool temp going down and the spa not heating, I checked the unit. It had shut off. I turned off the manual on/off switch, waited 30 sec, turned it back on, it turned on as normal. Sent the request to heat, the display said Spark for about 3 sec, then the unit switched off. I repeated above and it did the same. I threw the breaker, waited 30 sec, turned on the breaker and tried again. Same result. I know the breaker is working because the auto fill is on the breaker and it is on.

This morning I went to check it in the day light and it won't turn on at all. The heater has no sign of life.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!!!

This could be a lot of things. I'm not sure how handy you are, but you have to trace down what is getting power and what's not. If you're savvy and have a multitester, you can open the panel and check for voltage. If you are not comfortable around electricity, then do not try this.

Which model number heater is it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.