Raypak 266 vnt and fll error

mneal

Mar 29, 2007
I have about 8yr old raypak 266 lp heater for spa/ pool and for the past year intermittently I would get ilo ignition lockout errors. Typically next day would operate fine. I removed control board and cleaned and checked all connections and worked pretty well for a while. I was / do think it's a control board problem but never could throw. $300 part at it and it had been working the couple times I used spa. Last night I got a different error when tries to light. When I get call for heat I get vnt and fll error. It does s park or light pilot . Is there vent switch I can measure with dmm?

I have not disassembled the heat exchanger but from exterior it appears ok. The unit is mounted outside and is propane so has no power vent . ( I assume that's a forced air blower?).

Is the heat exchanger clean or all sooted up?

If you do not have a power vent attached, then you have a control board issue. Replace the board.

ILO- Check to make sure that the propane tank is more than 1/2 full. Sometimes < 1/2 tank does not provide enough pressure. If you had previously run the tank out, you could have gotten air in the line that now needs to be bled out.

You mentioned a fault of FLL could that be FFL? That is where the board is sensing a pilot without a call for pilot. This could be a board issue, a gas valve hanging open (pilot side), or communication between the two (ground continuity). Both board and valve are pricey items. This is a case where a call to a tech may be in order.

Murphy's law demands that you first replace the part that didn't need replacing. Leading to the purchase of both.
You may be able to return a gas valve, but i doubt a board.

You can try this, ONLY IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH IT!

When you get the FFL code, check to see if the pilot is still burning after the heater has reached set temp. if you have the code without the pilot burning, i would lean toward the board. If pilot is burning, disconnect PV wire from gas valve. If pilot doesn't go out, gas valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.