RaspiPool (Pool Automation System with Raspberry pi + Home Assistant)

segalion

Jul 3, 2019
Madrid
There are a lot of ideas about extend project:
1. control chlorinator instead bleach injection
2. Basic control for VSP pumps based on 3 relays,... but I need help here because I don't know how this all works.it is really important has more than two speed?
3. Heater control based on water temperature. HA has built- thermostat and can be possible integrate google calendar as
4. Lights control for aditional relays. I don't know how to make automations with this without a presence detector.
5. Presence detector. It can raise the automation to new levels ( changing filter times and chemical in funtion of time of use of pool), switch lights at night....
6. Some relay for control valve. I can't figure how standarize automation control.

please Ideas and proposal or "vote for/priorice" are welcomed.

Katodude

Silver Supporter
Aug 22, 2017
West Palm Beach/Florida
I think what you should do is try to incorporate some of the Nodejs pool controller code with yours. They have variable speed pump control and I think control for SWG. All the code is available on Git. It has quite a few of the items you have listed.

Reactions: cmc0619

segalion

Jul 3, 2019
Madrid
Please, could you post link for Nodejs? I think that nodejs code is not for create an Automation system but integrating with only one automated system (Pentair Intelli-xxx)
This project is for create an automation system, with minimun intelligence in peripherics (pump, peristaltic, SWG, etc.), and all intelligence in rpi-ha system.

Last edited:

Katodude

Silver Supporter
Aug 22, 2017
West Palm Beach/Florida
Please, could you post link for Nodejs? I think that nodejs code is not for create an Automation system but integrating with only one automated system (Pentair Intelli-xxx)
This project is for create an automation system, with minimun intelligence in peripherics (pump, peristaltic, SWG, etc.), and all intelligence in rpi-ha system.

Here is the link, but I suspect you already found it. There is good code in there to control a Pentair Intelliflo and to control Hayward SWG.

segalion

Jul 3, 2019
Madrid
Thanks Kato.
It's same I know. It's for control & monitoring one RS485 closed product.
Soery, but today, It's out of my actual goals.

Kdem

Aug 20, 2019
Canada
Helo Katodude. I have revised the 8 relays hat from
Sequentmicrosystems
(
https://www.sequentmicrosystems.com/8relays.html
), and first problem is that control is with I2C protocol, so integration in Home Assistant can be more dificult. My proposals relays are directly gpio so they are directly integrated as switches in HA. Furthermore, seems a more profesional board than chinesse boards...

About aditional card for ADC, i think I could get it as simple as possible… so maybe with ezo Carrier board and DS18D20 one-wire can be enough.
Segalion, please be aware that the 10Amp rating you are relying on for the relays to run the pumps is for a resistive load. The inductive load rating for this relay will be less than 1/3 of that, as it is much more difficult to switch off the current to a rotating magnetic device than a resistive device. This will cause arcing when the contacts open, which the relay cannot handle, welding of the contacts, relay sticking on or failing, and possibly a serious fire. See the data sheet for the relays: http://datasheetcafe.databank.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/SRD-05VDC-SL-C-Datasheet.pdf Note the inductive load rating. Please take the advice given earlier and use these relays to trigger a proper contactor (magnetic relay) to run the pump. Sincerely Kdem

Reactions: cmc0619

segalion

Jul 3, 2019
Madrid
Thanks a lot, kdem .
I was precisely investigating about that. I think you are right.
I will take this into account.
Could be great a recomendation for buying and possibilities of connections.