Random idea.. return jet bubbles (on purpose)

yoster

May 10, 2022
Clovis, CA USA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
Ok I know this sounds strange, because all online articles talk about how to *eliminate* air bubbles/air leaks from your pool's return jets.. but my question is.. is there a way to add air.. on purpose??

Where am I going with this?

Swimming at night with the pool lights on.. firing up the pump after plugging the vacuum back in.. always results in a bunch of bubbles firing out of all the jets for ~5 seconds as it purges the air. My family and I all agree.. we think it's really cool.. and makes (especially at night) the pool feel like one giant jacuzzi. We wish there was a way to make it shoot these bubbles longer!!

So my question is this.. is there any product out there that I can add so that my jets will be in "jacuzzi mode" whenever I want it? IE - introducing air on purpose??

I know this product exists for above ground pools.. but there's no way it would work with an inground.. so curious if there's an option. All googling of the topic results in solutions to do just the exact opposite of what I'm asking :)

SPAO2 Swimming Pool Aerators - Set of 2, ABS Injection Molding, For In/Above Ground Pools 1-1/2” Pipe Thread, MAX Depth 19.7”, Raise pH Without Changing Alkalinity, Crystal Clear Water, Less Chemicals https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09VHYPSD8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_E8DCSYP4P8G5JQACKSM0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Those look like just the ticket (and very similar to how the above-ground ones work it seems) - however that pipe sticking up out of the water is kinda hokey - and I'm 100% positive will be pulled on by a kid and broken lol. Still might give it a shot though.. just wish that price wasn't so cheap for an experiment lol.

What they need is something like this, but somehow on the return side of the filter itself - some way of introducing air at that point.

Interesting! I guess where's there's a need, someone will fill it. I'd probably jerry-rig those by replacing the air intake pipe with a flexible hose that couldn't be broken and could be adhered somehow out of the way to the pool wall.

Keep in mind these will raise your pH so keep some MA on hand. Let us know how they work.

What they need is something like this, but somehow on the return side of the filter itself - some way of introducing air at that point.
Anything on the return side, before the exit point past nozzle, would require injected air via a compressor of some kind, and after anything that air could affect. I can't imagine there's an off the self arrangement for that., but imagination can work. Air can be drawn in on the suction side of pump via vent fitting, but that's not something I would want to do to my pump, cavitation on purpose.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeffchap
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.