Raising ph

When I tested my TA yesterday I got to 21 drops of the R-0009 and the color stayed purple never turned to red. Wasn't sure if I did something wrong as this is my 1st time using my tf-100 kit.

TA test never has purple color. Did you use the right reagents?

"Sometimes a static electric charge can build up on the R-0009 dropper bottle tip, causing the drops to be smaller than usual and making the test read higher than actual. You can prevent this by wiping the tip of the dropper bottle with a damp cloth or tissue before you start and after each drop."

"Sometimes a static electric charge can build up on the R-0009 dropper bottle tip, causing the drops to be smaller than usual and making the test read higher than actual. You can prevent this by wiping the tip of the dropper bottle with a damp cloth or tissue before you start and after each drop."
I'll go do another test and report back, about 1/2 hour

At a TA of 120, a pH of 6.6 will not be there long. I would not chemically do anything. Some aeration and the pH will be in the upper 7's quickly.

Reactions: Eddie57
At a TA of 120, a pH of 6.6 will not be there long. I would not chemically do anything. Some aeration and the pH will be in the upper 7's quickly.
I had already added the amount of borax (per pool math), Just checked my ph 8.7, trying to get this dialed in so I can start the Baquacil conversion

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.