beakerlab

Feb 1, 2022
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello. I've been here learning about pools. Awesome site that has given me to confidence to maintain it myself.

Our pool is currently under construction. It is an 18" raised gunite rectangle and the current framework/rebar protrudes to accommodate each skimmer's (Hayward SP1072) location. I'm trying to keep the clean lines of the rectangle. Is there a skimmer that can fit within a 16" (16" x 24") travertine wall cap or some type of setup to accommodate an 18" raised pool? I don't want to make the raised wall 2' wide. They're stubbing the plumbing tomorrow for gunite on Tuesday.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
B,

I think you are just out of luck.. A skimmer is not just a box that mounts in the side of the pool, it has a mouth that is shaped to help with the skimming action.

I think you just need to concrete around each skimmer and try to come up with a design plan that makes them look they are supposed to be there.

Let's see what our other members have to say.

Thanks,

Jim R.

B,

I think you are just out of luck.. A skimmer is not just a box that mounts in the side of the pool, it has a mouth that is shaped to help with the skimming action.

I think you just need to concrete around each skimmer and try to come up with a design plan that makes them look they are supposed to be there.

Let's see what our other members have to say.

Thanks,

Jim R.
That's the current plan. My PB says he can push the skimmers 6" into the wall so it doesn't stick out as much. Was hoping there was something with a shorter distance between the basket and the weir door similar to an above ground pool skimmer. Thanks Jim.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.