Rainfall / ground settling / unlevel

parkca01

Jun 11, 2021
Pittsburgh, PA
We had our ground professionally leveled within 1" then did a self-install of the above ground 21' round pool, steel side, 11,000 gallons. We used masonry sand with a tamper during install. Pavers with a 2" height. All was level, but upon fill weighted down to about 1.75" difference at lowest vs highest point. Then it rained and the ground is soft, more settling, plus possibly some sand movement.

We have 17 pillars and all of them are within 1 inch except for the 1 low one which is almost 2" now. It's been full for about three days.

Questions:
- how long does it take for a pool to fully 'settle'?
- As-is, there's no leaning or bulging, so while i'm feeling 'okay' just wondering if it is pending doom
- i don't necessarily want to take this down, but yes, obviously safety will trump all. I honestly don't know what we'd do differently if we did take it down, though. I feel like we'd end in the same position.

Any/all perspective is helpful, diagram attached because why not.

Attachments

• Presentation1.jpg
    Presentation1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
If your ground is properly leveled, compacted, and your uprights are on properly leveled pavers that have been dug into solid ground, you shouldn’t see much settling. Did you use sand over the entire surface? If so, that’s part of the problem. Sand goes inside the track abd wall, not underneath it.

Can we see some photos? Whole pool, view of the base, and of the upright you are concerned about?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.