electsub

Mar 15, 2022
Thailand
FYI - you can buy TriChlor in granule form but how to dilute it to use, (takes forever in a bucket). I have all the other non stabilized chlorines to use. Just asking about this TriChlor (don't know why I bought it).

Heavy rains here in north Thailand going on 4th day, waiting for it to stop so I can have fun. SWG red lite on so I disconnected.
New Pool 28K/gal outdoor cement, saltwater new VSP Pentair, SWG and Quad DE filter . purchased lots of chemicals some will last years. (I go hog wild with new interests). Learning lots about pool chemical balancing.
Situation, I am in Thailand, lots of sand filters, (experts and pool stores very limited here in North) not many SWG's. My purchases made from Cn thru Lazada, but try to stay in Thailand with my purchases but sometimes too costly for the same items. Shipping on Amzn is crazy often same price as the item. Waiting on some Taylor test strips thru Amzn (10 dollar shipping).

This is gonna kill you, but test strips are highly unreliable, as well as start to deteriorate as soon as you open the bottle. You've essentially wasted your money there.

You can buy one of our recommended test kits, the Taylor K2006C, through Amazon, as well as the salt kit K1766 I think, which you'll need if you intend to run a salt pool.

We use liquid chlorine in the range of 10 to 12%, which you can generally get at the pool store. Baking soda in the big bags from the grocery store or Amazon. Borax from the grocery store, in the laundry aisle.

Good luck and welcome to TFP!!:wave:

Reactions: electsub
This is gonna kill you, but test strips are highly unreliable, as well as start to deteriorate as soon as you open the bottle. You've essentially wasted your money there.

You can buy one of our recommended test kits, the Taylor K2006C, through Amazon, as well as the salt kit K1766 I think, which you'll need if you intend to run a salt pool.

We use liquid chlorine in the range of 10 to 12%, which you can generally get at the pool store. Baking soda in the big bags from the grocery store or Amazon. Borax from the grocery store, in the laundry aisle.

Good luck and welcome to TFP!!:wave:
He’s in Thailand. Not sure what access he has >.>

Reactions: electsub
Thank you for your information. Remember I am new pool owner, and living in N. Thailand.

Daily reads of PH and chlorine are very different from 'test strip' to 'drip tester.'
Strip 1/1-free and combined chlorine and PH 7.4-7.8. Drip test chlor-3 and PH 8's. Seems always 3ppm on drip tester and always 1/1 free and combined chlor on the test strips.
I like daily testing until I feel better about pool chemistry.
I must have that CYA, TA, Calcium from the strips cause I ain't got nuttin else. I add chemicals according to test strip reading.
I got the salt SWG down and controlled.

I think an electronic tester may be best for me. I like the one that uses it's own test color strip you swirl in the sample while its in the digital unit (can't find name right now).

Was thinking about colorQ but this site says not good for accuracy (maybe better than test strips), and the recent unit Bluetooth has problems.

And yes shipping fee's on Amazon for me are nuts. and example would be "Pool Blaster Max Cordless Rechargeable, Battery-Powered, Pool-Cleaner with 10.5” Scrub Brush Head, Large Filter Bag, Ideal for In-Ground Pool and Above Ground Pools for Leaves 234 dollars, 88 dollars shipping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.