Rain affecting chemistry

Feb 24, 2018
Richmond, TX
With a good rainfall, lets say 3-5" or more, what parts of the water chemistry is going to change the most? Im guessing FC will be weakened significantly. Any others that have a high fluctuation or should you test everything and treat accordingly?

I'd always suggest testing after something as significant as 3-5" of rain. Normal short rainfalls don't significantly change much.

A lot of folks use rain to deliberately dilute high CYA or CH levels. They first drop their water level a few inches and let the rain re-fill the pool. Just the rain on its own doesn't appear to do the job, you have to drain some so it will mix up as it re-fills.

Maddie :flower:

I have noticed that heavy rains tend to dilute CH, CYA, and Salt. My pool has a drain in the skimmer so a big rain is a default drain and refill. For 3-5” of rain I normally see a 10% dilution.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.